October 25, 2008

Chicago Foundation for Education - Fund For Teachers

This experience and the opportunity to share these interviews, videos, and photos has been made possible with the generous grant from the Chicago Foundation for Education – Fund For Teachers. Special thanks go out to the supporters that made my hopes become a reality. As a 2008 Fellow I encourage teachers to never give up on their dreams and to seek creative way to support the realization of those thoughts. This organization is dedicated to helping those teachers that are willing to go the extra mile and think outside the box. The support for applying to a variety of grants is unending and the rewards go beyond the classroom and into the student’s home and community. Take the time to see the other journeys, lessons and upcoming events.

I want to extend a special thank-you to Gail Gold, my friend and colleague who encouraged me to dream. I want to give a warm appreciation to Carlos Flores for sharing his personal experiences and opening the doors to his world here and in Puerto Rico and a warm hug to my SOL sisters for being with me always in spirit. In addition, I want to dedicate this to my parents, Mom for accepting me with all my flaws and to my father who died in 1976 leaving behind a legacy of pride in self through culture.

Join me as I recount the personal narratives and lived experiences of Puerto Ricans who have been influenced by their African heritage.

1 comment:

karen peters said...

Thank you for creating this blog. I hope to read more soon!!

Karen Peters
www.sakile.com (coming soon)